1. Do you support re-aligning municipal and regional transportation plans and investments to meet the provincial government’s CleanBC target to “reduce distances travelled in light-duty vehicles by 2030 compared to 2020″?
2. Do you support making the default speed limit 30 km/h for streets without centrelines?
No – I understand the intent, and strongly believe in making roads safer. Speed limits should be driven by ICBC crash/accident data and engineering technical specifications.
3. Do you commit to budgeting sufficient funds to accelerate your active transportation plan?
4. Do you support using neighbourhood-wide traffic calming to create low traffic neighbourhoods with much lower traffic volume with quick build materials?
Case by case where appropriated. Cul-de-sac’s are nice; but need to ensure that road alterations aren’t creating inconveniences and aren’t moving problems from one neighborhood to another.
5. How would you support making walking safer and more enjoyable in Central Saanich?
I have been active in ensuring that we acquire trail right-of-way’s during rezoning and subdivision whenever possible to create cyclist and pedestrian cut throughs from one neighbourhood to another. It is important to create a well developed trail network that is safe and convenient, meeting the needs to the cycling, pedestrian, and equestrian community.
6. Do you support building a network of all ages and abilities (“AAA”) bike and roll routes throughout Central Saanich?
7. Do you support welcoming people who use wheelchairs and mobility scooters to use all ages and abilities (AAA) bike and roll routes?
8. Do you support rapidly completing bus lanes at key locations on the Pat Bay Highway for BC Transit’s proposed RapidBus route, as well as effective transit priority measures along all of BC Transit’s proposed RapidBus routes across the CRD?
Yes – and my advocacy has helped move forward the Mt. Newton & Pat Bay bus lanes that are going in right now.
9. With the court-imposed deadline of March 14, 2023 to keep the Island Rail Corridor intact, how would you support modern rail service for Vancouver Island?
I am strongly supportive. We need more consultation with industry and potential users to develop a business plan. It would be a very sad asset and opportunity to loose. If anyone has a viable idea, please contact me, and I will do what I can to support it.
10. Do you support making transit fares more affordable, both by reducing the cost of passes and individual fares and free or discounted passes for youth, seniors, and people living on low incomes?
Yes, we have advocated and met with the minister for free fares for those under 18.
11. Do you support removing the requirements for off-street vehicle parking from new and infill developments while adding requirements for car share, EV charging, bike and other micromobility parking, as well as expanding accessible parking?
12. How would you activate and bring more people into public spaces within Central Saanich, including sidewalks, public squares, streets and parks?
Focusing on trail development, community events, and regulations that allow for more out door patio use.
13. Do you support adding substantively more accessible public bathrooms across Central Saanich?