1. Do you support re-aligning municipal and regional transportation plans and investments to meet the provincial government’s CleanBC target to “reduce distances travelled in light-duty vehicles by 2030 compared to 2020″?
Yes that makes total sense to have all the municipal and regional transportation plans and investments aligned to meet the CleanBC targets.
2. Do you support making the default speed limit 30 km/h for streets without centrelines?
Yes this would be be a good safety measure. For some streets without centerlines 40 km would be better but this would have to be posted.
3. Do you commit to budgeting sufficient funds to accelerate the draft Active Transportation Network Plan once completed?
Yes certainly and View Royal is currently working on this.
4. Do you support using neighbourhood-wide traffic calming to create low traffic neighbourhoods with much lower traffic volume with quick build materials?
Yes this would be a good initiative to make these roads safer and quieter.
5. How would you support making walking safer and more enjoyable in View Royal?
Maintain, improve, and increase trails, paths and other walkable areas. Also install more lighting and signage.
6. Do you support building a network of all ages and abilities (“AAA”) bike and roll routes throughout View Royal?
Yes this would be wonderful.
7. Do you support welcoming people who use wheelchairs and mobility scooters to use all ages and abilities (AAA) bike and roll routes?
8. Do you support rapidly completing the 24/7 bus lanes for BC Transit’s proposed RapidBus route along the Highway 1 / Sooke Road corridor, as well as similar measures along all of BC Transit’s proposed RapidBus routes across the CRD?
Yes this would make using the buses more appealing to riders and likely increase ridership.
9. With the court-imposed deadline of March 14, 2023 to keep the Island Rail Corridor intact, how would you support modern rail service for Vancouver Island?
Yes this corridor needs to remain in place. I would like to see some research on the use of non track trains to run along a paved corridor like they are currently using is Japan. The actual tracks and ties are in terrible shape and I don’t see it being cost effective to replace these with new rails and ties.
10. Do you support making transit fares more affordable, both by reducing the cost of passes and individual fares and free or discounted passes for youth, seniors, and people living on low incomes?
Yes this would be a great way to increase the number of people using transit and get more people out of their cars.
11. Do you support removing the requirements for off-street vehicle parking from new and infill developments while adding requirements for car share, EV charging, bike and other micromobility parking, as well as expanding accessible parking?
Yes this is one of my main platforms. Developers need to ensure enough parking spots for occupants and guests for any new developments. This should include handicap spots, Electric charging stations, and bike racks.
12. How would you activate and bring more people into public spaces within View Royal, including sidewalks, public squares, streets and parks?
More green spaces and parks. I would like to see a small outdoor bandshell to have free concerts with local artists. This would be similar to what they have in Sidney.
13. Do you support adding substantively more accessible public bathrooms across View Royal?
Yes I support this 100%