1. Do you support re-aligning municipal and regional transportation plans and investments to meet the provincial government’s CleanBC target to “reduce distances travelled in light-duty vehicles by 2030 compared to 2020″?
2. Do you support making the default speed limit 30 km/h for streets without centrelines?
3. Do you commit to budgeting sufficient funds to accelerate the Oak Bay Active Transportation Strategy?
I support coordinated approach to implementing infrastructure replacement aligned with OCP goals for active transportation.
4. Do you support using neighbourhood-wide traffic calming to create low traffic neighbourhoods with much lower traffic volume with quick build materials?
5. How would you support making walking safer and more enjoyable in Oak Bay?
Support policies and funding for community engagement and implementation of the transportation plan,prioritizing projects that improve safety, and with a focus on creating complete streets in all neighborhoods.
6. Do you support building a network of all ages and abilities (“AAA”) bike and roll routes throughout Oak Bay?
Active transportation strategy must be aligned with infrastructure replacement, which may mean short term and long term plans that are phased in to meet objectives.
7. Do you support welcoming people who use wheelchairs and mobility scooters to use all ages and abilities (AAA) bike and roll routes?
8. Do you support rapidly completing bus lanes at key locations on busy bus routes in Oak Bay, including for BC Transit’s proposed RapidBus lines, as well as effective transit priority measures along all of BC Transit’s proposed RapidBus routes across the CRD?
RapidBus lines should be prioritized for routes where the rider volume warrants, or where there is greatest potential to increase riders.
9. With the court-imposed deadline of March 14, 2023 to keep the Island Rail Corridor intact, how would you support modern rail service for Vancouver Island?
The Island Rail Corridor has potential to dramatically change attitudes to how we move on the island, and to attract visitors.
10. Do you support making transit fares more affordable, both by reducing the cost of passes and individual fares and free or discounted passes for youth, seniors, and people living on low incomes?
Transportation is a necessity, not an entitlement, that needs to be available to all income groups.
11. Do you support removing the requirements for off-street vehicle parking from new and infill developments while adding requirements for car share, EV charging, bike and other micromobility parking, as well as expanding accessible parking?
I support initiatives that encourage reducing GHG emissions caused by vehicles.
12. How would you activate and bring more people into public spaces within Oak Bay, including sidewalks, public squares, streets and parks?
Oak Bay is a walkable community now; my platform includes a master plan and funding for parks, public spaces and facilities.
13. Do you support adding substantively more accessible public bathrooms across Oak Bay?
A master plan will incorporate public bathrooms.