1. Do you support re-aligning municipal and regional transportation plans and investments to meet the provincial government’s CleanBC target to “reduce distances travelled in light-duty vehicles by 2030 compared to 2020″?
2. Do you support making the default speed limit 30 km/h for streets without centrelines, as Saanich has already committed to doing?
3. Do you commit to budgeting sufficient funds to accelerate the Saanich 2018 Active Transportation Plan?
4. Do you support using neighbourhood-wide traffic calming to create low traffic neighbourhoods with much lower traffic volume with quick build materials?
yes, in neighbourhoods that want them, implemented ways that are asked for.
5. How would you support making walking safer and more enjoyable in Saanich?
Making sidewalks that actually allow residents, of any age or ability to walk out their door and around the community safely. This can be achieved with quick builds in the short term and then long term planning.
6. Do you support building a network of all ages and abilities (“AAA”) bike and roll routes throughout Saanich?
7. Do you support welcoming people who use wheelchairs and mobility scooters to use all ages and abilities (AAA) bike and roll routes?9
yes, along with electric scooters.
8. Do you support rapidly completing 24/7 bus lanes along McKenzie to UVic for BC Transit’s proposed RapidBus route, as well as similar measures along all proposed RapidBus routes in Saanich?
9. With the court-imposed deadline of March 14, 2023 to keep the Island Rail Corridor intact, how would you support modern rail service for Vancouver Island?
The rail does not go through Saanich. I think that the municipality should write to the province and the fed’s and stress the importance of its corridor to the future of the region.
10. Do you support making transit fares more affordable, both by reducing the cost of passes and individual fares and free or discounted passes for youth, seniors, and people living on low incomes?
yes to the extent it does not put undue pressure on our financials
11. Do you support removing the requirements for off-street vehicle parking from new and infill developments while adding requirements for car share, EV charging, bike and other micromobilty parking, as well as expanding accessible parking?
12. How would you activate and bring more people into public spaces within Saanich, including sidewalks, public squares, streets and parks?
More events like music in the park! Make more room for Community gardens and natural elements to interact with! Grass is only good for so much!
13. Do you support adding substantively more accessible public bathrooms across Saanich?
yes, currently we rely on private facilities that are not always open or near.