1. Do you support re-aligning municipal and regional transportation plans and investments to meet the provincial government’s CleanBC target to “reduce distances travelled in light-duty vehicles by 2030 compared to 2020?
That’s a lot of words.it sounds like a challenge, challenging cause people created habits but sure, I’m game, 2027…boo ya:)
2. Do you support making the default speed limit 30 km/h for streets without centrelines, as Victoria has already supported?
3. Do you commit to budgeting sufficient funds to accelerate the the walking, rolling, cycling and transit portions of Go Victoria?
Required if my new world “experience“ is to be achieved
4. Do you support using neighbourhood-wide traffic calming to create low traffic neighbourhoods with much lower traffic volume with quick build materials?
Very unclear. Yes, I support road calming measures if bike’s/scooters/walkers including. The cheap “stuff“ doesn’t that just become more expensive?
5. How would you support making walking safer and more enjoyable in Victoria?
Don’t know rules but vacant stores needs address…
6. Do you support building at least 15 km of new all ages and abilities (“AAA”) bike and roll routes throughout Victoria?
7. Do you support welcoming people who use wheelchairs and mobility scooters to use all ages and abilities (AAA) bike and roll routes?
8. Do you support rapidly completing 24/7 bus lanes along Douglas Street through downtown Victoria, as well as similar measures along all of BC Transit’s proposed RapidBus routes in Victoria?
Biased, living on Douglas
9. With the court-imposed deadline of March 14, 2023 to keep the Island Rail Corridor intact, how would you support modern rail service for Vancouver Island?
10. Do you support making transit fares more affordable, both by reducing the cost of passes and individual fares and free or discounted passes for youth, seniors, and people living on low incomes?
Why knot free? Encouraging
11. Do you support removing the requirements for off-street vehicle parking from new and infill developments while adding requirements for car share, EV charging, bike and other micromobilty parking, as well as expanding accessible parking?
12. How would you activate and bring more people into public spaces within Victoria, including sidewalks, public squares, streets and parks?
United marketing planning with elementary/high schools /local business involvement, puzzles style design…
13. Do you support adding substantively more accessible public bathrooms across Victoria?
Absolutely but the one they just completed, how could it possibly have cost that much? Couldn’t UVIC provide betting options, eh tradesmen:)